Do you like Mediterranean meals, well here’s a recipe for a not quite true Paella that serves 4
- 1 Whole red, green and yellow peppers
- 1 Medium red onion
- 1 Medium onion
- Handful of spring onion
- 1 Whole chorizo sausage
- King prawns (amount your choice)
- 3 oz of frozen peas
- Table spoon of olive oil
- 2 level teaspoons of smoked paprika
- Rice for 4 people (any rice)
- 3/4 pint chicken stock
How to cook
- Chop the peppers, onions and spring onions in to smallish pieces and add to a large frying pan with the olive oil.
- Chop the chorizo in to small slices or chunks and add to the peppers etc.
- Heat on high to medium heat until the juices and colouring of the chorizo show through in olive oil.
- Add the smoked paprika and stir in
- Add the rice and stir in to the existing ingredients
- After adding the rice, poor in the chicken stock, bring to the boil, then turn down to simmer.
- Cook until the stock is absorbed by the rice.
- Once the stock has been absorbed add a little more water, then add the prawn and peas on top of the pan ingredients.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes on a low heat, then serve.
Meal goes down very well with a nice glass of Spanish red wine.